Food Review: The Basil Inn @ Downtown East

01:29:00


Last weekend, I went to catch up with an old blogger friend Emily. She intro this Thai restaurant to me so I decided to give it a try. They serve up food with the true flavours and tastes of Bangkok, their Thai chef uses only the freshest of ingredients and traditional Thai cooking methods that promise to excite your palate. At The Basil Inn, Thai food is uncompromisingly Thai.

MENU:



FOOD:

Thai Milk Tea - $2.50

The Thai Milk tea was quite disappointing to me as I find the Thai milk tea was lacking of the Thai flavors instead it tasted similar to our local Teh peng to me. 

Taste: 1/5



That Iced Tea with Lime - $2.50

Tasted similar to our local drink Teh-o (Black tea) just that it feel more refreshing as the lime was added into it.

Taste: 1/5



Phad Karpow (Basil Pork) - $7

This basil pork was really good!! SPICY LOVERS ALERT!! This dish was really spicy and authentic. It was fragrance, flavorful and really spicy. The chef is really skilled. 

Taste: 4.5/5



Stir-fried Morning Glory with Red Chili - $7

This dish was spicy too, However I find this dish wasn't that fantastic, as the veggie stem is too much. I find that the leaf should be more than the stem or slightly lesser but not this much. Overall the taste was good.

Taste: 1.5/5



Tom Yum Soup - $10

Beware!! This soup, the more you drink the more spicy you will get! Definitely will let you sweat like mad. This broth is spicy, clear, and flavorful. The tom yum aroma is strong and they really cook from the stretch and not using any tom yum paste. 

Taste: 4.5/5



Food: 3.5/5
Ambiance: 2/5
Service: 2/5

My Verdict:
The food was really good. I highly recommend everyone to give it a try!! You definitely won't regret it.


The Basil Inn
1 Pasir Ris Close, #01-35 Downtown East, Pasir Ris, Singapore 519599

Opening Hours: Daily: 10am - 3pm, 5pm - 10pm

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheBasilInn/


Like my Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram @Jthejon for the latest updates!




Thanks for reading,
Jonathan Soh

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like Me On Facebook