#JthejonInBKK Part 2

09:51:00


Day 2 and Day 3 -

I done nothing much on day 2 and 3 due to no mood!!






Started out my day 2 with hotel breakfast!! The food was just pretty average. Next, I went on to the famous erawan shrine!! I took a train from the nearest mrt station from my hotel.





The top view from the bridge!! Erawan shrine is located at one corner of the mall.

About Erawan Shrine: 



Erawan Shrine in Bangkok is Brahman, not strictly Buddhist. And yet, this famous shrine attracts more visitors than many of the city's temples. It was erected during the mid 1950s, after the Thai government had decided to build the luxury Erawan HOTEL ON this location. However, the first stages of the construction were beset with so many problems that superstitious labourers refused to continue unless the land spirits were appeased.

After consultations with astrologers, the erection of a shrine to honour the four-faced Brahma God, Than Tao Mahaprom, was considered to be an auspicious solution. A magnificent image of the Brahma God was especially cast and gilded, and The Erawan Hotel opened to acclaims and worldwide fame for three decades. Towards the end, the property could not compete with more modern facilities, and was replaced by the privately owned GRAND HYATT ERAWAN BANGKOK in 1991. As the shrine was originally constructed to grace the old Erawan Hotel, the location became known as the Erawan Shrine.



Everyone come here to pray and wish for thing to the God. 



They are returning the wishes where they wish the last time.







Next, I headed to Karmakamet secret world for my lunch!!



This restaurant is famous for their interior and the rainbow candy dessert!! I heard a lot of good review from my friends so decided to gave it a try!!





The strawberry in the cloud - 

This dessert was served with a huge rainbow candy and strawberry shortcake in a cup. The rainbow candy was normal but the strawberry shortcake was really fantastic. The ladies surely will like it.

Taste: 3/5



Egg Benedict -

Served with 2 poached egg, rocket salad, spinach, bacon, broiche and topped up with hollandise sauce. I find that this dish was pretty common and normal dish. The taste was really similar to other restaurant/cafe dish. So I am not recommending this to anyone. 

Taste: 2/5

Karmakamet Diner 

10110, 30/1 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Tan, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand 
(10 min walk from BTS Phrom Phong. Go to ground level, walk past Tiffany towards Emporium Suites to its entrance, then down Soi Methi Niwet for another 3-4 min. Look out for a Karmakamet Diner sign, then turn left)
Contact: 02 262 0700-1
Opening Hours: 10am – 11:30pm

  

After lunch, I am just shopping around Siam area and also shop some snacks from the gourmet market!! It's like our supermarket!!



Day 3 - basically I do nothing just lazy in the hotel room still check out and waiting for boarding at airport!!




My Overall Experience:

Supposed wanted to travel to BKK with her and N. But something happen and hope everything will be fine soon. I felt even worst when I am alone in BKK. Shouldn't had travel alone but oh well this will be the first and the last time I travel alone!! Hope my prayer will come true and everything be better soon!! Gonna fight hard and work hard now. 


Like my Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram @Jthejon for the latest updates!




Thanks for reading,
Jonathan Soh

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like Me On Facebook